Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cookies Made With Rapadura Sugar

Miss Cameroon 2010: The jury appoints Mary Barbara Matagnigni


The details of John Paul Zé Bella, leader of the group Zangalewa.

How did you received the news of the resumption of your song by Shakira?

With a sense of pride because Shakira is an icon of world music. It makes us really happy. It thus demonstrates the seriousness of our group over to the music that we developed when we were together. He is someone who calls me from France to announce Saturday. I say thank you to Shakira. But rights must follow. If this is done, I think it's an honor for Cameroon, the military and Zangalewa in particular.

What do you do?

We can not take up arms to shoot her when she is preparing something good for us. Moreover, we were able to reach someone in South Africa today (yesterday, Editor's note) and talks are on track with regard to copyright. And beyond that, I think it's a sign that announces good things for the Indomitable Lions. I tell myself that if she chose a song Cameroon after receiving the mission to compose this hymn, because our football team can create a surprise in this World Cup. For me it's an important sign of happiness for Cameroon in relation to this event. And they say that the signs are unmistakable.
The song "Zangalewa" came from Cameroonian sharpshooters who had created a slang for better communication between them during the Second World War. Thus they already mimed pace. We're the first arrangers composers of this song which can be considered part of the national heritage Cameroonian military. We sang together for freedom in Africa. The owners of the rights of this song are members of the group, that is to say Kojidie Emile Victor Dooh Belley and me. We can enjoy it without thinking of others like Annie Anzouer and all others. He said that Shakira is not alone in having taken the title ...
Yes. The first time she had been taken over by an American film. It was nice too. But I think in life, everyone plays his card. My score is to write songs and sing them. The society of copyright, the Ministry of Culture could follow us. We are really powerless to go today in the U.S. claim our rights. There are at least thirty groups around the world who have taken over the Zangalewa. The radio journalists Siantou have stripes on it. What happens

Zé Bella today? I'm

going to retire at age 50 in 2002 after 30 years of experience in the presidential guard. It was at my own request, to take care of me and my family. Since then, I make music, I write movies. Last year, I worked on the song "Mathematik" of a small country. There was no repair until now. So I say that with this icon of world music, things can get better for me.

Interview by HMT

Cameroon Tribune


http://www.cameroon-tribune.cm/article.php?lang=Fr&oled=j08042010&idart=62618&olarch =




0 comments:

Post a Comment